October 25th, 2016 by LA PRIDE
Do you have a playground that could use some sprucing up? Curb appeal fixes to playgrounds can be fast and easy to do! Here are some things you can do to keep your playground looking pristine.
- Change out the mulch. Old mulch can date a playground and make it look older and worn than it really is. Consider switching to rubber mulch. Not only is getting rubber mulch easy, but it can be added to a playground or flower bed in a snap. It also has benefits such as weed control and a safer way for children to play.
- Add some seasonal plants. Adding plants that are in season near and or around your playground can really add appeal to an area. Gardening and planting new things is a great way to spend quality time with your family.
- Decorate and add new things. Adding decorations or play fort accessories is another easy way to update your yard and your play space. Be sure to use items that are not going to get in the way of the children playing. Also, use decorations that are made for outdoor use.
There are plenty of other things you can do to quick fix your outdoor space, but these quick fixes are best when you want it done quick! Need playground equipment, basketball hoops, or play fort accessories for your backyard? Talk to Play N’ Learn today! They can help you find the best solution for you and your family to get outside and play.
October 20th, 2016 by LA PRIDE
Many people think that once swingset installation is complete, all the work is done. However, there are small things that you should do to keep your swingset safe and in top condition. Here are some tips on how to do so:
- Inspect your swingset regularly. Look at your equipment for loose bolts, broken pieces, or even debris. Also, check for pests if you go for a long time without using the set. This helps you know what you need to fix for safe play.
- Store removable parts. Items such as covers, games, and swings should be removed for bad weather and when not using equipment for long periods of time. This protects your investment and keeps your children’s favorite things safe and ready for use.
- Clean often. Power washing your set is a good way to keep it looking great and clean for use. Also, spraying for bugs ensures your children won’t get bites or run into critters they don’t like. Finally, if your playground is surrounded by mulch, re-mulch for a pristine look and safe landing spots.
Completing these steps every month or two allows for your children to have a safe place to play. Also, it keeps your investment looking great for play dates to come! For more on swingset installation, rubber mulch, and other ways to play, visit PlayNLearn.com today!
September 22nd, 2016 by LA PRIDE
Parks, schools, and communities in general should have a quality outdoor environment for children of all ages to go, make friends and stay active. Commercial playground equipment helps build communities, it enriches the lives of children and families, and it allows everyone to have fun together. If you need playground equipment for your school or park in DC, Maryland, or Virginia, Play N’ Learn’s Playground Superstores are the area’s exclusive supplier of Superior International Industries playground equipment.
Since 1986, Play N’ Learn has worked with churches, schools, daycare centers and preschool facilities to offer design, site work, and installation of playground equipment. Our services have also been provided to apartment complexes and neighborhood communities in Maryland, Washington DC, and Northern Virginia. If you would like commercial playground equipment in these areas, look no further than Play N’ Learn’s Playground Superstores for safe, high-quality equipment and swingset installation.
As proud members of the ASTM, IPEMA, and CPSCO, our play structures are guaranteed to exceed industry standards. We have plenty of great structural choices to choose from with swings, slides, jungle gyms, and other swingset accessories like steering wheels, rock walls, trapeze bars, monkey bars, and more. You can trust our expertise in providing safe playground equipment for you and your children to enjoy. Visit our Columbia, MD or Chantilly, VA store locations or contact us through our website at PlayNLearn.com today.
September 13th, 2016 by LA PRIDE
Your backyard swingset is the perfect area for kids to get plenty of exercise. Running around with friends, swinging, and sliding are all great activities to keep your kids moving outside instead of sitting inside in front of television and mobile device screens. If you want more ways to keep your kids active, you should consider adding swingset accessories to your swingset. There are plenty of great options to inspire more active play amongst your children. Here are a few that make great additions to any swingset.
- Trapeze Bar with Rings – Do you have monkey bars already installed on your swingset? If you do, your kids will absolutely love the addition of a trapeze bar to the swingset. Perfect for those little acrobats in your family, the trapeze bar will help train balance and strength while also being extremely fun to play on!
- Rope or Rock Wall – If your kids love climbing, then they will have a ton of fun climbing a rope or custom rock wall. These options are incredibly physical, getting all of the essential muscles working at once. It is a good idea to plan for one before purchasing a swingset, as there are many swingset options with rope and rock wall features already installed.
- Triple Shot Game – The Triple Shot Game is perfect for basketball fans or anyone up for an action-filled challenge. Fun for all ages, it makes a great addition to any swingset and definitely promotes an active lifestyle.
The trapeze bar, rope, rock wall, and Triple Shot Game, are only a few of the swingset accessories Play N’ Learn’s Playground Superstores has to offer. DC, Maryland and Virginia residents are encouraged to come to our Columbia, MD or Chantilly, VA store locations to check out our swingsets and accessories, but you can shop online today at PlayNLearn.com.
August 22nd, 2016 by LA PRIDE
Swingsets are a great way to encourage children’s exercize. On top of being a great way to stay active, Play Fort Style swingsets allow children’s minds to grow through their imaginations of what the Play Fort could be from one day to the next. With the right play fort accessories added to your swingset or playset, your kids can be captains of a ship one day, secret spies the next, and anything else their minds think up for future days with friends and siblings. Here are a few must-have accessories for your children’s play fort swingset.
- Steering Wheel – Every swingset needs a steering wheel. With the steering wheel, kids can imagine they are captains of a ship on an extravagant voyage to find treasure on a distant land. Adding a wheel to a playset can also suit the imaginations of those who dream to become racecar drivers or just wish to drive a car like mom and dad.
- Retractable Telescope – Take the imagination of being pirates or spies even further with a retractable telescope. Kids love looking at their surroundings through a telescope to gain a different perspective on the things they see every day. Your kids won’t be able to find the hidden treasure without one!
- Telephone – Children love mimicking the actions of adults. A play telephone attached to a swingset will allow your kids to take and make phone calls without running up a bill. They will be able to make calls to the president, other pirates, or anyone else of interest in the moment.
The right play fort accessories can be just as important as the play fort swingset itself. If your swingset is missing some of these key accessories, it might be a great idea to have them added today. Your kids will love the new additions and you will love seeing their imaginations run wild. Play N’ Learn’s Playground Superstores carries these accessories and many more for your Woodplay or Play N’ Learn swingset, visit PlayNLearn.com to shop our selection today.
August 13th, 2016 by LA PRIDE
Kids love trampolines. Jumping on a trampoline is a great activity for do alone or with a group of friends. Parents love that their kids are able to have fun while getting exercise. However, parents also tend to worry about the safety of trampolines. Injuries often occur with the metal springs that come along with traditional trampolines. Did you know that there is a trampoline that alleviates these concerns completely? Springfree’s springless trampoline is constructed without the dangerous metal springs of traditional trampolines.
Springfree trampolines use flexible fiberglass rods as opposed to the metal springs seen in traditional trampolines. The fiberglass rods in Springfree trampolines give participants a soft, non-jarring bounce every time. The rods are undetectable when the trampoline is in use as they lie well beneath the jumping surface. Along with a softer bounce, you get a larger bounce area with a Springfree trampoline. Another safety feature of the Springfree trampoline is its FlexiNet enclosure that ensures jumpers will stay within the trampoline and prevent falls.
Springfree’s springless trampoline makes a great addition to anyone’s backyard. If you live in Maryland, Virginia, or DC, Play N’ Learn’s Playground Superstores have locations in Columbia, MD and Chantilly, VA where you can ‘test play’ these trampolines in person. You can also browse our selection of Springfree trampolines through our selection at PlayNLearn.com today.
July 22nd, 2016 by LA PRIDE
Putting a trampoline in your backyard provides hours of fun for your kids and their friends. After a while though, they might run out of ideas for playing on the trampoline. There are a few things you can add to your trampoline that are safe and add additional playtime on your children’s favorite backyard activity.
If your children like to have sleepovers and enjoy the outdoors, a trampoline tent is the perfect addition for them. The AlleyOOP Sports Outback Tent provides fun out of the sun for daytime play or adventurous backyard camping. It easily attaches to your AlleyOOP trampoline with bungee cords, so no annoying poles to try and assemble.
If your child likes inventing their own games or playing new ones, the Game Pak is a great addition. It includes three squish balls, 4 bungees, colorful chalk, and a playbook to maximize the fun. This kit is a creative way for multiple children to play in the backyard on the AlleyOOP trampoline.
Finally, help your child perfect their slam dunk with the AlleyOOP Pro Flex Basketball Hoop. Its reinforced, full sized design attaches safely to and is specifically designed for the AlleyOOP trampoline safety enclosure. It also comes with all of the hardware and an inflatable basketball so you can easily assemble and get to playing in no time!
Trampolines are a fun way for kids to get their exercise and time outdoors. Adding accessories to their trampoline can be safe and easy to do when you have the right supplies. For more on these accessories or the AlleyOOP trampoline, contact our specialists at PlayNLearn.com. We’d love to help you find the right trampoline for your family!
July 14th, 2016 by LA PRIDE
Adding a swingset to your backyard is a classic and durable option for many families. While alone these swingsets are safe for children to play on, there is any easy way to add additional protection. Creating a barrier of rubber mulch around your playground can add instant safety without hurting the curb appeal of your yard. Here are a few reasons why buying rubber mulch bulk packs for your playground is a great safety option:
Just by adding a bed of rubber mulch around your swingset provides a softer landing for your children. Even though children know they aren’t supposed to jump off of the swings, this mulch will give them a safe landing when they do. This way, you know they are protected even when you look away.
Rubber mulch requires less maintenance than other mulch options. Rubber mulch does not absorb water and dries quickly after rain. It doesn’t rot, form mildew, mold, or decompose, meaning you don’t have to replace it as often. It is also an eco-friendly option! It is made from recycled tires and rubber scraps, allowing it to be reused again.
If used with a bendy border, you increase protection and the look of your backyard. These borders are made specifically to be around playgrounds, making them safe for children to play around. They also move with the slope of your landscape, so they can accommodate trees and other shrubbery. When installed correctly with mulch, you can also reduce pesky weeds from growing.
Buying rubber mulch bulk packs is a great option when adding a swingset to an existing landscape. While the mulch can be used with or without a swingset, it provides a cost effective way to style your flowerbeds. Need more information about rubber mulch? Visit PlayNLearn.com to contact about our swingset installation with rubber mulch today.
June 22nd, 2016 by LA PRIDE
When the weather outside is delightful, and your kids are stuck inside playing on cell phones, computers, and other electronics, don’t you wish you could convince them to go outside? As a parent, it’s hard to get kids to go outside willingly. It really helps having something in your yard that kids can gravitate to and want to enjoy on their own. This is why having a swingset in your backyard is so important. Kids will want to go outside to play and the physical exercise on a swingset is actually very beneficial for their health.
Exercise is extremely important for everyone, but especially children. Having a convenient place to play in your backyard is essential to get your kids moving quickly and regularly outdoors. It’s easy for kids to spend hours on a swingset, especially with a friend, and that kind of activity will keep your kids healthy, and prevent childhood obesity that seems to be always growing in our country year after year.
Promote Social Interaction
Instead of being stuck inside alone on a beautiful summer day, your children can go to the swingset with friends and even make new ones. Games with swingsets promote team play and sharing, which is important in building and sustaining relationships. The social interaction of a swingset will make your children better at socializing and making friends, which will help them in school, and later on in life when they begin working.
If you are considering a swingset for your yard, Play N Learn has a great selection of redwood and cedar swingsets from top of the line brands such as Woodplay. Visit PlayNLearn.com today and browse our stock of redwood and cedar swingsets in a variety of options.
June 12th, 2016 by LA PRIDE
The saying, “practice makes perfect” is often used in relation to becoming better at sports. Are the up and coming basketball stars in your house getting enough practice? The summer is the perfect time to install a basketball hoop outside your home. It’s a great activity to do alone or with a group of friends for a nice pickup game. With so many options in the market for basketball hoops, how do you know which one to choose?
A Goalrilla basketball hoop would make a great addition to your home this summer. These basketball hoops go above and beyond the competition. Professional in quality and presentation, Goalrilla basketball hoops are an investment that will last for the formative years to come. Rectangular tempered glass backboards will have your kids making layups and grabbing rebounds like their favorite pros. Also fit with steel-welded frames and slam dunk worthy rims, these anchored in-ground basketball systems are built to last.
If you are interested in installing a basketball hoop this summer, a Goalrilla basketball hoop is a great choice for your driveway. At PlayNLearn.com we have plenty to choose from for basketball players and driveways of all sizes. Order a Goalrilla basketball system today to get your young players practicing in preparation of the next school season.